Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blue Handpainted Stool

I have not been here for a while as well as I did not post any "how to's". But I'm back and today I would like to show you how to create such a beautiful blue stool. Here are before and after pictures. Amazing, isn't so?

Let's start. Take old and ugly stool:

Next - remove old finish and painting using sanding paper or sanding machine, clean up stool and paint it. Acrylic blue painting was used in this case. You need to put couple layers for brighten and smoothen color.
Now we need to add some decorations. You need to buy some shims and paint them.

Add some patterns to the stands and attach shims using silicone glue or any other adhesive for metal, plastic or wood.  It's better to use transparent glue. That's all: 

Using this approach you can decorate anything in your home, and make it stylish and full of art. 
I would like to say thanks to lendigoo for creating this tutorial and sharing it with us.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't call this "master-class".
    Surely, if you want a blue stool, you'll paint it.

    these actions are too evident to be clever.
    pff

    ReplyDelete